Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Photoshop

I absolutely love photography, but sometimes I get a little discouraged when my photos don't turn out quite how I want them to. I do not have a professional camera, and although I love my digital camera, it doesn't always capture the shot exactly how I remembered it... So, today I played around on photoshop a little bit and did some really basic stuff. I read some online tutorials since photoshop is a little complicated and then edited a couple of old photos.

This first one is a senior picture that I took for my beautiful sister, Heather. The camera I was using doesn't allow you to manually adjust the depth of field so I wanted to blur the background.

So here is the "before" photo...
And here is the after......

This second picture is a picture that I took out in Whitney canyon when Justin and I were four-wheeling. The sun was pretty bright that day and it bleached out a lot of the color in the photo. The grass was really green and the water was much more blue than this, so this picture turned out very dull. I edited this photo using color filters and made the color much more bright and vivid.... Just how I remembered it!

Here is the "before" shot...



And here is the "After".....





Here is a professional photo of myself taken by Abbie Warnock for Heather's Hair & Makeup Portfolio... The color and everything is amazing; Abbie did a great job editing... I just wanted to play around with it a little bit.

Before.....

After.... Mono, with a dash of color!


Like I said, these are very basic edits and I am very much just a beginner... But I had fun with it today, and it wasn't as complicated as I thought... Especially with the help from the online tutorials. But I am pleased with the way the photos turned. Let me know what you think!

-B-

***Professional Photo by Abbie Warnock http://www.abbiewarnock.com/







No comments: