Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am so proud to say....

...I am a NURSE!!!! On May 15, I finally graduated with my ADN. It was such an amazing day surrounded by all of my family and friends. This has been the biggest accomplishment of my life and I was so happy to stand on that stage and have my parents place that nursing pin around my neck. Nursing is such a passion of mine and I am so happy that I chose the profession I did. It is so rewarding to be able to have the opportunity to help people achieve a better quality of life and also to learn and grow as an individual as well. I will take my boards on July 1st (wish me luck!) and I will be moving down to Salt Lake to work, probably mid-July! I am so excited to begin this new chapter in my life and I want to thank everyone that made it possible...
To my parents, thank you so much for always believing in me and pushing me to do my very best! You guys are the best parents ever!
To Mackenzie, thank you so much for being a great role model and always helping me with nursing concepts... You are an amazing nurse and an amazing teacher! I hope to be half the nurse that you are someday! To Natalie, thanks so much for always being there for me. I would always recieve a text message from you (without fail) right before a test to wish me luck... You don't know how much that meant to me. Thanks for always coming over to the Rock with Allie Jayde to cheer me up and get my mind off of school for a little bit... You don't know how much I miss seeing you guys on a regular basis! Also, thanks for all of the yummy dinners that you invited me over for! To Heather, thanks for always loving and supporting me. I wish we got to live with eachother for more than a semester, but I am very proud of you for following your heart and choosing the profession that you did! You are so talented and beautiful and I know you will be a great cosmetologist! :) To Justin.... Babe, thank you so much for being my rock throughout all of this... You have been so supportiive and loving and I always knew to call you if I needed cheering up. You are an amazing boyfriend and I am so happy to have you in my life. :)Enjoy the rest of the pics!


My beautiful Sri Lankan friend, Sharmaine...



1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oohh, thanks Brooke! That made me cry... I miss you so much! I feel so alone sometimes even though I have Miss Allie & Kreston here with me... Sometimes you just need your sister(s). But I love your blog! it's WAY cute! You are so talented! I want you to teach me some stuff with photoshop. :)
Love you so much!